For expert Orange County garage door repairs,
broken spring repair, installations and service,
call American Empire Garage Door.
Over 30 years of experience in the garage door industry.
What We Do
New Garage Door Installation
We are licensed dealers and installers of high-quality steel or metal garage door. We also install custom wood garage doors too.
We have a garage door that fits every budget.Learn more.
Garage Door Repair Orange County
Regardless of the type of garage door repair that you need, we can help. There isn’t a problem that we can’t handle.
Give us a call for same day service in most cases. Learn more.
Garage Door Openers and Repair
We carry top quality brand name garage door openers such as Liftmaster, Genie, and Marantec and Linear. We are also experts in garage door opener repairs and our trucks are fully stocked with parts for immediate repairs. Learn more.
About American Empire
American Empire Garage Door, with over 30 years experience, has been the top choice for top quality residential garage door repair, installation, and service for the residents of Orange County. It has been our policy to provide superior customer service by scheduling a 1 hour arrival window and to always call the customer prior to arrival. Combine this excellent customer service policy with only using top quality parts and name brand products the customer experience is a positive one. Whether you need a new sectional or 1 piece garage door, a new garage door opener, or garage door spring repair, we are there to make your experience with us a pleasant one.
Why Choose Us
- We’ve been in the garage door business for over 30 years.
- We’re known for doing quality work and we only use quality products.
- We respond quickly and even offer same-day service.
- We are CA state-licensed contractors as well as bonded and insured.
- We have a long list of happy customers as evidenced by their reviews.
We offer FREE estimates on all new garage door installations as well as garage door repairs. In fact, if we can not fix your garage door or opener you will not be charged.
Please call American Empire Garage Door Inc. for expert residential garage door repair or new installation. Or just call us for free advice. We are here to help. Our motto is “Our Passion Is Your 100% Satisfaction”.
Your Orange County Garage Door Won’t Open? We Can Help.
Let’s face it, not having your garage door open properly is a very frustrating experience. Often times a garage door breaks at the worst timing possible. Need to leave to go pick up the kids from school, have to get to work, can’t miss dinner with family, the list goes on and on. We rarely think of our garage door breaking, but it does happen. We understand how frustrating this can be, and we are here to help you with your Orange County garage door repair.
Your garage door is the largest and heaviest moving object in your home and does require routine maintenance to operate at its best. It is wise to have the door and opener serviced at least once a year to prevent breakdowns.
At American Empire Garage Door we conduct a multi-point inspection every time we are called to perform a garage door repair.
Here is a list of the items that we check on the garage door and opener.
- Conduct a door balance. If a door has the proper spring tension the door should be able to stay in the halfway open position without falling to the ground or flying up. If the door does not meet this test then we can add some spring tension or change the springs if they show signs of rusting. Standard springs are rated a 10,000 cycles and if you open and close your door an average of 4 times per day then they springs would last about 7 years before they would break.
- Check lift cables for signs of fraying. The lift cables are a very important component of the door and should be changed if they show any wear. A broken lift cable can cause the door to become lodged in the opening at an angle and can cause damage to the tracks and sections.
- Check all lag bolts and screws to make sure they have not come loose. Loose screws and lags can cause the track to shift and cause premature wearing of the rollers and hinges.
- Check track spacing and alignment. Improper alignment can cause the door to bind and can effect the operation of the garage door opener
- Check bottom, top and side seal to make sure door is sealing properly and does not bind while it is operating.
- Check rollers for wear. Some inexpensive doors use plastic rollers and they can wear enough to cause them to pop out of the track.
- Check outer and center bearing plate to make sure they are properly lubricated. Lack of lubrication can cause premature wear and early part failure.
- Check for dents on face of door. If a dent is near a section joint it can cause binding and exert extra pressure on the garage door opener.
Garage Door Opener Checklist
- Check to make sure rail, chain or screw is properly lubricated.
- Check photo eyes for proper height and alignment. The law requires the photo eyes to be mounted 4-6″ above the floor. They are designed to prevent injury to small children or animals.
- Check up and down limit switch adjustments. The door should close securely without making a “thud”. The door should open to just above the top header of the garage door opening. If you set the opener to open the door farther than that, then it will cause the springs to backwind and the cables may jump off the drum.
- Check to make sure wall button is mounted 5′ above the floor. This is required to prevent small children from playing with the garage door opener.
- Check the up and down sensitivity adjustment to make sure the opener reverses when it hits an object. To test the down sensitivity place a 2 x 4 block under the door at the center and the door should reverse when it hits the block. If it does not adjust the down limit sensitivity switch or call a garage door repair professional.
Unlike the large garage door repair companies in Orange County, American Empire is owner operated. We don’t employ any commission technicians. Commission techs are trained to up-sell a homeowner on garage door parts/services that they really don’t need. The more they can up-sell you, the more commission they receive. At American Empire , we pride ourselves on providing top quality service at very reasonable prices and we will never sell you something that you do not need.
Ready to get your garage door working and getting back into the swing of life?
Give us a call today to speak to one of our friendly staff, most of the time you will get the owner directly. We do offer free estimates over the phone if you can provide enough detailed information about your problem. Give us a call today, and let us prove our motto of “Our Passion Is Your 100% Satisfaction!”
Garage Door Information
Consumers today have the widest selection of garage doors to choose from due to all of the recent innovations that have occurred in the industry in the last few years.
Steel or metal doors still dominate the market because of their relative low cost. The strongest residential steel door is made from 24 gauge metal. If you are going to invest your hard earned money on a new steel sectional garage door then select a 24 gauge door. Some manufacturers utilize 24 gauge NOMINAL steel. This is very misleading to the consumer because the word NOMINAL in the garage door industry means “in name only”. You are really purchasing a 25 gauge door. Don’t be fooled by companies that try to sell you a 24 gauge nominal door!!!
Optional polystyrene insulation is available to strengthen the door and keeps the garage cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Most garage door manufacturers purchase 1 3/4″ polystyrene insulation covered with a thin vinyl backing. They take a non insulated or pan door and cut the insulation, bend it to fit in between the vertical stiles, and use clips to hide the unsightly cuts. The problem with this procedure is that the insulation is free to move around every time the door opens and closes and does not give any additional strength to the door. If you are in the market to purchase a middle of the line 2″ insulated door look for a door that has the insulation bonded to the back of the door with a hybrid polyurethane adhesive. This gives the door the additional strength that is needed to prevent the door from cracking.
These are a couple of things that you need to be made aware of. When you’re ready to invest in a new garage door, or replace the broken one, give us a call. We will be happy to go over all of your options and the pricing associated with new garage doors. We have been servicing Orange County for over 30 years, and have built up a great reputation. Our motto is Our Passion is Your 100% Satisfaction for a reason.
What Our Customers Have to Say
Garage RepairI was more than pleased with the outstanding service and professionalism of Ed Aguilar, the owner. He came as soon as I called, gave me a very reasonable quote and when I accepted – gave me a time for installation – and hit it right to the minute. The installation was amazing in its efficiency. Not only does Ed provide honest and on time service, he is exceptionally personable and is a man one feels at home with and can trust. I can only speak of him with superlatives. I recommend him without reservation-and with enthusiasmWritten by: Jerry SheltonGarage InstallationDate published: 11/14/20125 / 5 stars
Garage Door Spring RepairI was more than pleased with the outstanding service and professionalism of Ed Aguilar, the owner. He came as soon as I called, gave me a very reasonable quote and when I accepted – gave me a time for installation – and hit it right to the minute. The installation was amazing in its efficiency. Not only does Ed provide honest and on time service, he is exceptionally personable and is a man one feels at home with and can trust. I can only speak of him with superlatives. I recommend him without reservation-and with enthusiasmWritten by: Mike HandianGarage Door Spring RepairDate published: 06/13/20115 / 5 stars
Garage Door and Opener InstallationCalled Ed about a broken spring. He came over just 10 minutes later. It took him about a half hour to replace the old springs and put in the new ones. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Only minor issue is that he didn’t accept credit cards.Written by: Gregg MapesGarage Door and Opener InstallationDate published: 11/19/20115 / 5 stars
Garage Door Repair San Clemente CAI had called so many companies and many never came. When I called Ed at American Empire Garage Door he came right away and he gave me the best advice. Everything he told me was spot on right. He came back later the same day with heavy gauge springs, made some adjustments and the price was reasonable. Thank to Ed, we were able to open the San Clemente Spiritual Center and we can open up the big door now for events during the summer. Ed is my hero!Written by: Ann HaleGarage Door RepairDate published: 04/18/20115 / 5 stars
Garage Spring Replacement Orange CountyGreat and friendly service. Ed came out the same morning I called, hung around while we waited for my wife to return with the car keys, then did a good job of replacing the broken spring. It took Ed less than 45 minutes to complete the job and was well priced.Written by: Nigel P.Garage Door Spring ReplacementDate published: 11/06/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Repair Orange CountyI left Ed a message on Saturday morning and he returned my call in less than an hour. He came to the house at 10am on Sunday and had repaired, cleaned and greased our garage door before 11:30am. The door works perfectly and with the upgraded springs, it should last for many many years. Ed did a fantastic job at a great price and I did not have to stay home from work during the week to get the repair completed. I would refer Ed to anyone needing garage door work!Written by: Richard S.Garage Repair ServiceDate published: 06/15/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Door Installation San ClementeBest of the bunch. Just built a new garage shop in Orange County and what an ordeal! The trades a little down with the lack of housing jobs so I’ve had lots of choices when it came to hiring sub-contractors. I talked to a lot of guys in a lot of trades. Had a really good stucco guy, good electrician, great concrete guy, etc. There were a bunch of good garage door companies out there and I got enthusiastic estimates from several. American Empire Garage Door just came out on top. I could have used three door companies in San Clemente and got a good door and had been done with it, but by the time I’d gotten to the final touches I was getting pretty good at judging installers and Ed just stood out a little bit above the rest.I wanted a heavy duty track, hinges, etc and of course the best door I could get. Ed was knowledgeable and helpful and worked with me to get exactly what we wanted – and our new door looks fantastic and works perfectly. Ed was on the job site- working with his two guys – and doing the little tweaks that made our door job so nice. I’ll never build another garage again, but if I do, I’ll hire Ed.Written by: Jim D.Garage Door InstallationDate published: 05/24/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Door Service Laguna BeachGood old fashion quality service. I had American Empire Garage Door install a 2 car and a 1 car garage door last week at my Laguna Beach home. Ed and his crew did a fantastic job. American Empire was the first company I called to get an estimate and Ed spent nearly an hour with me explaining the different types of doors that I could choose from. He even brought samples of the doors so I could see them in person. I had a list of questions written down and he answered them all very well. After speaking with Ed I was well informed about garage doors. He explained to me that my installation was not a typical one and explained to me what he had to do. I told him I was going to get other estimates and did not pressure me to buy. I got 4 other estimates from other companies and I immediately disqualified 2 of them because I knew more about installation base don my time spent with Ed than they did. I called Ed back and he spent another 35 minutes with me answering additional questions. Ed and his crew showed up on time and finished the job at the time he said he would. I would be happy to tell my friends and neighbors about the high quality of service that American Empire provides. The quality and attention to detail that he showed is hard to find these days.Written by: Jack R.Garage Door ServiceDate published: 05/18/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Door Repairs Orange CountyNo bells and whistles – just got the work done! I called Ed around 11am to get a quote on installing a coded keypad for our garage. He came out 2 hours later, installed exactly what I needed and got the job done. Courteous and professional. I’d use him again without hesitation.Written by: Shawn E.Garage Door RepairsDate published: 05/10/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Door InstallationWe researched and compared different garage door repair companies in Laguna Beach while looking for someone to install a new garage door for us. A couple months alter when we decided to move forward, we called Ed and he came out to make sure everything was ready for the install and do a final check. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. On the day of installation he and his crew arrived on time and were very professional. Made us feel very comfortable during the whole process. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Would highly recommend to friends and family.Written by: Heather K.Garage Door InstallationDate published: 05/02/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Door Repair Laguna BeachEd and American Empire Garage Door are a real find. I had a broken torsion spring and needed a quick repair. I received and honest, no-nonsense quote over the phone, and an on-time arrival and first-rate work. Good value. Well done.Written by: Matt M.Garage Door RepairDate published: 04/22/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Repair Orange CountyI called at least 4 other local garage door repair companies and Ed was the most affordable as well as the most professional. After I described the problems I was having with my garage doors, he thoroughly explained what he thought was wrong and how much it would cost to repair. He did not try to up-sell me on additional services. He was able to schedule an appointment quickly and even showed up early. As he made the repair he explained why it broke and how to prevent it from occurring in the future as well as provided some general maintenance tips. I have high expectations and am typically disappointed with service providers, but was extremely pleased with this experience and would recommend Ed’s services to my friends and neighbors.Written by: Miranda G.Garage Door RepairDate published: 04/16/20105 / 5 stars
Garage RepairEd came by on a Saturday. He was very professional, did a good job explaining the problem and how the garage door works. He was prompt in getting the repair completed. While he was here, we tested the work done, and everything worked flawlessly. Ed has offered to help out if things don’t work out properly for some reason. Thank you, Ed!Thanks Ed!Written by: Jill NeutzGarage RepairDate published: 03/27/20105 / 5 stars
Garage Opener Repair Orange CountyI called American Empire Garage Door at about 2pm, expecting service the next day. Instead, the service rep came by and I got my garage opener repaired the same day by 5:30pm. Very professional and knowledgeable. Explaining what caused the problem and what to look for in the future. Highly recommended.Written by: S. LamGarage Opener RepairDate published: 03/19/20105 / 5 stars
Great service, great price, great guyCalled American Empire Garage Door late on a weekend night, left a message and Ed called back first thing the next day. He was here when he said he would b here, did a first rate job on the repair, explained to us what went wrong and what he was going to do to fix the trouble. It would have been very easy to “upsell” us but Ed is honest and reliable.
We were extremely pleased.Written by: Erica M.Garage Door Repair<Date published: 02/23/20105 / 5 stars
Orange County Garage Door Repair Services:
- Garage Doors Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Opener Orange County
- Garage Door Springs Orange County
- Garage Door Spring Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Opener Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Reviews Orange County
- Garage Door Adjustment Orange County
- Install Garage Doors Orange County
- Garage Door Tune-Up Orange County
- Garage Door Company Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Company Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Companies Orange County
- Garage Repair Companies Orange County
- Chamberlain Garage Door Orange County
- Genie Garage Door Opener Repair Orange County
- Chamberlain Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Torsion Springs Orange County
- Torsion Spring Repair Orange County
- Garage Torsion Springs Orange County
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair Orange County
- Repair Liftmater Garage Orange County
- Overhead Garage Doors Orange County
- Overhead Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Overhead Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Liftmaster Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Adjustment Orange County
- Replace Garage Door Orange County
- New Garage Doors Orange County
- Wood Garage Doors Orange County
- Steel Garage Doors Orange County
- Steel Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Wood Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Custom Garage Doors Orange County
- Custom Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Residential Garage Doors Orange County
- Residential Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Residential Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Aluminum Garage Doors Orange County
- Aluminum Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Aluminum Garage Door Installation Orange County
- Garage Door Prices Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Cost Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Prices Orange County
- Garage Door Doesn’t Open Orange County
- Garage Door Extension Springs Orange County
- Garage Door Extension Springs Replacement Orange County
- Garage Door Extension Spring Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Fixer Orange County
- Garage Door Panel Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Quote Orange County
- Garage Door Repair Quote Orange County
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost Orange County
- Affordable Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Cheap Garage Door Repair Orange County
- Garage Door Spring Broke Orange County
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Adjustment Orange County