Garage Door Opener Repairs
The most common problem when we do a service for garage door opener repairs is misaligned infrared safety photo sensors. This can usually be diagnosed by the light bulbs flashing on the opener as the door refuses to close. Try to realign the sensor so that they “see” each other. Both light on the sensors should be on. If you cannot realign the sensors, the garage door sensors can be overridden by holding the wall control all the way through the down cycle which enables you to close the garage door. After the door closes, release the wall control. Please call American Empire Garage Door for service at your earliest convenience.
A second possible reason why the garage door opener won’t close when you press the car transmitter is that the lock feature is activated on the deluxe wall button located at the entrance to your home from the garage. A flashing LED light on the wall button indicates that the transmitters are locked out. Simply press the lock button for 2 seconds and the LED light will stop flashing and the transmitters will work. Other common repairs that may be needed for your opener besides the two mentioned above are:
- Replace stripped or broken gear and sprocket assembly (Liftmaster chain or belt drive openers)
- Replace Liftmaster or Genie screw drive coupler
- Replace internal screw drive trolley (rack) Replace stripped Genie screw drive trolley
- Replace external Genie limit switches
- Replace burned out capacitator
- Replace RPM sensor
- Replaced defective logic board
- Lube internal screw or t-rail to reduce noise.
- Recode transmitters
- Readjust limit switches to prevent door from reversing as it hits the floor to hard.
- Replace shorted wall button wire which causes door to open without reason.
If your garage door opener is over 10 years old, it may be more cost effective to replace it. Just like car parts, the price for replacement opener parts is very high and you may feel more comfortable purchasing a new opener knowing that you will have a complete warranty on the whole system, not just the replacement parts. American Empire provides a full 1 year labor and installation warranty and the manufacturer provides its own warranty on the operator which varies by model type. Call American Empire to fix your garage door opener at 949-498-8783. We may be able to solve your problem over the phone and save you some money. Or use our contact form to request some help